Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Pumpkin project

My goals and intentions of this pumpkin were to show the shadows and shades of the pumpkin in real life. I accomplished them by making the areas with dark shadows, very dark. I used charcoal to make them as black as I could. I also accomplished it because i made the areas with light whiter with white chalk. My painting is about shadows and color shades. My picture had a lot of different shadows which made it fun to draw. I think the most difficult thing i had to face was making sure the stem was not too big or too small. I think by the end I did it a good size but i struggled in the begginig with its size. I think my painting really works at the start of the stem. I love right behind the stem when the white comes into the black and starts to form the stem. things i learned that i can bring into my next painting is that I should trace or outline it first before you do it. In the project I would lightly outline the stem or somehwere that i needed and then i would start to charcoal and i think that really helped. Honestly the only mentor I used was Mr. Gadraeu. He really helped me with my shadows and I wouldnt have been able to pull this off without him. I learned from georgia that i needed to make some sides darker. If i had a do over i honestly wouldnt change anything. The thing i feel best about is the shadows and stem. It is by far my favorite part of the project.

2 comments:

  1. This is a super drawing. Great composition. The pumpkin looks solid and real. Not like a cartoon. Really observed. Great job. Good artist statement too. If you can put things into words you really know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a super drawing. Great composition. The pumpkin looks solid and real. Not like a cartoon. Really observed. Great job. Good artist statement too. If you can put things into words you really know it.

    ReplyDelete